TVTSA have an established partnership of 34 schools based across Nottinghamshire and beyond.
We are committed to sharing best practice and raising standards of education for all children in schools. We are keen to develop new teachers into the profession, accelerating them to outstanding teachers and leaders. We believe that by working together we can improve outcomes for all students in all of our schools.
Through School Direct we are able to select and train future outstanding teachers.
Why train with Trent Valley Teaching School Alliance?
- Obtain a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) or PGDE(Post Graduate Diploma of Education)
- Obtain QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Obtain Masters Credits
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Spend four days per week in school and one day per week at University
- Work alongside outstanding teachers
- Receive outstanding mentoring support from experienced mentors
- A programme of support sessions tailored to suit your needs
- Teaching and learning workshops throughout the year delivered by experts in TVTSA Schools
- Meet and work with trainees from across our Alliance
- A second school placement in a contrasting school as well as visits to other schools and a special school.
We work in partnership with Nottingham Trent University (NTU) to deliver our teacher training programmes. NTU is an established, successful provider of Initial Teacher Training and our school staff work with researchers and practitioners at the University to design and deliver our courses.
All successful trainees who complete the School Direct course with us will be recommended for Qualified Teacher Status and will gain a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) with masters level credits.
All of the trainees who have completed their training have found employment.