Primary and Secondary Mentors will receive continuous support throughout the Trent Valley Teaching Schools Alliance.
A network of staff is in place and guidance is available at all times to ensure the ITT process is delivered according to both the Alliance and Nottingham Trent guidelines.
The role of the Mentor is crucial to the progression of the trainee and staff assigned to trainees will be expected to utilise a range of mentoring and coaching approaches.
The expertise provided will not only support the trainee through their initial year but will enable them to employ teaching and learning strategies for the remainder of their time in the profession.
Mentors support our trainees with the following
- Trainee Expectations (Characteristics of performance / Teaching Standards)
- Weekly Meetings
- Assessment, Monitoring and tracking of students’ progress
- Lesson planning
- Observing lessons
- Second placement procedures
- Three Way Meetings (Mentor, Trainee, NTU Professional Tutor)
- Termly Timelines
- Writing Termly and Interim reports.