Welcome to the PTA section of our website. We hope you find the information you want, but if you think we have missed out anything or have any comments, we'd like to hear from you.
To contact us, email Julie Cook (Vice Chair) email@example.com
- Sam Dumoulin (Chair)
- Julie Cook and Carolyn Godfrey (Vice Chair)
- Lyndon Stocks (Treasurer)
- Dawn Johnson (Secretary)
As a parent/carer of a child at Tuxford Academy or as a member of school staff, you automatically become a member of the PTA. We also have members who are 'Friends of Tuxford Academy.
To support the school, students and parents/carers in creating the best possible educational environment.
- To give practical support at school events
- To undertake fundraising to improve school resources
- To organise social events
- To provide consultation and feedback to improve the working of the school
- To support parents in areas of mutual concern
The PTA constitution can be downloaded (in pdf format) by clicking here.
The annual Charity Golf Day was held on Tuesday 19th July. There were 16 hole sponsors and 25 teams took part. The day started with the players enjoying bacon rolls and coffee. Homemade cakes (donated by PTA members and parents) were served at the 9th hole and a buffet lunch was served a little later. At around midday, the rain started and it rained constantly for a couple of hours but the players were not put off and played on! From about 2:00 onwards it was glorious sunshine.
The winning teams were:
1st NATWEST team Darryn Evans, Glen Wood, Mark McCloughlin, Simon Fairweather
- 2nd Ian Hanson, Arron Botterill, Mark Booth, Andrew Bayliss
- 3rd Ian Hutchinson, Dave Hallam, Bill Hickey, Richard Ogle
- Men’s Longest drive - Mick Brown (Team Ransford Electrical)
- Nearest the pin - Glen Wood (NATWEST)
Thanks to everyone who supported and helped at this event. A fantastic £1800 was made for PTA funds.
We had a great night with 'Ann et Vin' and have had some wonderfully positive feedback from several people who came along. We had 44 people in the conference room, put on a ‘Ploughman’s Supper’ with homemade pates. We held a raffle and made just over £150.
How it works and how you can get involved
A committee of parents/carers, school staff and “friends of the school” meets approximately twice a term at the school, normally at 6:30pm. It co-ordinates ideas and arrangements for events, fundraising and other relevant issues, and organises the AGM held in the Autumn Term. Committee members contact other parents/carers and staff for practical support for events. Information appears regularly in 'Tuxford Topics', as well on the website. We keep a directory with names/addresses/phone numbers of parents/carers willing to be involved in helping the PTA in one way or another. Sub-committees are organised as required, eg to coordinate a specific fundraising event.
How you can help
- Join the PTA committee.
- New members are always welcome.
- Help to organise and promote events.
- Practical help - serving refreshments at school functions such as plays, discos; preparing food for PTA events; helping to run stalls e.g. at the Paul Andrews' Charity Fair.
- Help to feedback ideas on school practice e.g at Parent Evenings, Governors AGM.
- Provide prizes for raffles.
- Buy tickets and come to PTA and school events.
- Contribute ideas for fundraising.
- Come to the AGM - held each October.
- Join the 200 Club (Monthly Prize Draw).
- Audit the accounts.
If you are able to offer help in any way please contact Julie Cook (Vice Chair) on 01777 870001 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The PTA became a registered charity in January 2001, registration number 1080762.
Under the terms of the constitution, each year the PTA elects a Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and up to 10 other trustees, including an optional Vice Chairperson, at the AGM. Whilst the trustees have formal responsibility for the running of the PTA, in practice we encourage a system of open committee meetings which any PTA member is welcome to attend.
Click here to read the minutes from the PTA meeting held on 9th May 2012.