Mentoring is ....
- A one-to-one relationship between a mentor and a mentee which provides consistent support, guidance and assistance.
- A way for a mentor to support and enable a mentee to gain the skills and confidence to be responsible for their own development.
- The opportunity for a mentee to access impartial, non-judgemental advice and support.
- The chance to work together to achieve agreed goals.
Why do people need mentors?
A lot of people need support in the following areas:
- A boost to find ways to interact with other people within the school, home or community environment.
- Improving levels of self-worth, self-confidence and determination.
- Not everyone has the confidence to express themselves and their opinions, which could lead to problems with their relationships with other people.
Awareness of Opportunities
- Some mentees benefit hugely from finding out about the different opportunities that are available to them. Others gain increased self-confidence in accessing these opportunities.
Mentoring at Tuxford Academy is undertaken by Mr James Cooper and Mrs Emma Hudson-Cave and Mrs Natalie Trippett. They are based in the Learning Resource Centre.
Student revision support
Each faculty is putting on a programme of revision sessions. All students should speak to their subject teachers to find out more information.
There is lots of information available on the revision page of the website - click here.