The SEN aims of the school
- To ensure that all students have access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability.
- To ensure the identification of all students requiring SEN provision as early as possible in their school career.
- To ensure that SEN students take as full a part as possible in all school activities.
- To ensure that parents of SEN students are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment.
- To ensure that SEN students are involved, where practicable, in decisions affecting their future.
We recognise that many students will have special needs at some time during their school life. In implementing this policy, we believe students will be helped to overcome their difficulties. Whilst many factors contribute to the range of difficulties experienced by some children, we believe that much can be done to overcome them by parents, teachers and students working together. A copy of the SEN policy is available on the school’s website (click here) or on request from school.
Meet our Teaching Assistants team: click here to find out more