Tuxford Academy has had a long tradition of outstanding pastoral care and it is undoubtedly a strength of the school. This was confirmed during the 2009 Ofsted Inspection, and the one before that (in 2005).
- People and learning relationships should be placed at the heart of education at Tuxford.
- Every child should receive a high level of individual care and attention that will help them reach their true potential.
- Every child should have a strong sense of belonging and identity.
- Every child should not feel 'lost' in such a big school.
- The majority of Tuxford students come to us from small village schools; we want to continue that 'small school' feel that contributes so much to our ethos.
Advice and Counselling
This is available at Tuxford Academy from a variety of sources:
- Counselling service - school counsellor
- Mentoring - study support and exam preparation
- School Chaplaincy - Rev Greg Price
- School Nursing service
- Student Welfare Officer - Mrs Leona Ashley